Effective Date: Jun 11, 2019
Roostoo (“we” or “us” or “our”) respects the privacy of its users (“user” or “you”) that use our mobile “Roostoo” application (“App”), www.roostoo.com (“Website”) and other digital services (including “App”, “Website” collectively, the “Services”) offered by “Roostoo”.
Information You Provide to Us
Roostoo collects (a) the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail; (b) information related to your use of the App and Website. Usage Data including in-app user activities, 1IP address, Cookies, geographic location, unique device identifiers for advertising (Google Advertiser ID or IDFA, for example) and date and time of your request; (c) aggregate information concerning what pages users access or visit; (d) information volunteered by the user (such as survey information and/or site registrations); (e) information regarding the type of mobile device or tablet (device ID, model and manufacturer, operating system, version) you are utilising to access our App, Website, and Services; (f) information such as your name, email address and password creation, when you participate in any interactive features of the Services (such as API keys, user accounts, configuration settings, and user referrals); (g) any other information that you share with Roostoo.
Your Consent to Our Use of Information
Roostoo uses collected information for the following purposes:
- To take steps such as processing your registration on our App and Website or sending you information about changes to our terms or policies;
- Where you give us consent, such as (a) where you ask us to send marketing information to you via a medium where we need your consent, including alerts via mobile push notifications; (b) where you give us consent to place cookies and to use similar technologies; and (c) on other occasions where we ask you for consent, for a purpose which we explain at that time.
- When legally required to do so, we may also provide access to your personally identifiable information to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Services, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the App, Website or the public.
Sharing of Information
We do not share or sell your personal data to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may share your information when in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Roostoo assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. Between and among Roostoo and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We may allow third-parties (vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf) to provide analytics services and serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet and in applications. This information may be used by Roostoo and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services and other websites and better understand your online activity. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
- We may aggregate, anonymize, and publish data for statistical and research purposes only. For example, we may compile and share information related to the popularity of certain products tracked by users. In any such instance, the information will not be able to be traced back to any individual.
- If you wish to opt out possible usage of your personal data, or not receive marketing information about our programs, products, features or services, you may send an email to us at email@example.com.
Roostoo will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Roostoo will store some the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
We take precautions to ensure the security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel may gain access to your personal information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Roostoo Services, your information will travel over the Internet and through third-party infrastructures and mobile networks, which are not under our control.
Roostoo uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Roostoo and the related App, Website, and Services. Roostoo owns the code, databases, and all rights to the related App, Website, and Services.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Transfer and Processing of Personal Information
Do Not Track (DNT): Because there is currently no industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT, we do not currently respond to DNT signals.
EU and EEA Users’ Rights
If you are habitually located in the European Union or European Economic Area, you generally have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We briefly describe these rights below:
You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended, deleted or restricted. In certain instances, you may have the right to the portability of your data. You can also ask us to not send marketing communications and not to use your personal data when we carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving e-mail newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those e-mails. Transactional account messages will be unaffected even if you opt out from marketing communications.